Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Monday, March 5, 2012

Home Tour!!!!!

I can't believe it is finally here - my very first Room Reveal for our Home Tour!!!  I am nervous and excited all at the same time.  Opening up my home for all my current and future readers to see  -wow - this is big!! 

I am very excited to show you my favorite room in the house right now which is the family room.  It is the first room you see when you walk in and it always makes me smile.  There are several items in this room that I can't even believe that I own.  It took patience and lots of stalking online to pull all these pieces together but it was worth it. 

Without further adieu... Take off your shoes and come on in to see my family room - oh who am I kidding - we don't take off our shoes in our house so just come on in!!!

This is the view from the door when you first walk in:


 In a previous post I shared how I found this mirrored target table at Goodwill for $30.  It is perfect in this space.  The turquoise lantern sitting on top was found at Ross for around $14?? Hard to remember the pricing for everything now - I am getting old =(  The Blue and White Vase sitting next to it was a gift.  I filled it with crystal garland leftover from our wedding centerpieces. I love to find new purpose for old things!
 
There's that mirrored table again.  It was one of my best deals considering they run $100 at Target.


The couch was found at Macy's.  I would have never thought of looking at Macy's for furniture but I really wanted a tufted couch with legs and when I put that title in the google search engine this is what came up and it was on sale - DONE!

The pillows were all found in one trip at my local HomeGoods Store.  Great pillows at great prices.  I think I paid about $50 for all 3 of them and the colors/patterns really work in this space.


The owl pillow is my favorite - who doesn't love owls right now?!?!!?


I have had a thing for IKAT ever since I discovered the lovely pattern.  I hunted online for these two chairs and found them for around $250 each on Wayfair.com - they were delivered straight to the home and no shipping fee!  They were super easy to assemble - did it all by myself and I am not that handy. 



The yellow koi seat boxes came from World Market.  I loved the idea of having a mix of patterns in this space and yellow with blue just sounded lovely to me.  These were on sale for $49.99 when I bought them and no assembly required.


Oh and I almost forgot to tell you that the black and white zig zag rug came from Overstock.com for $80 with free shipping.  I wanted a Chevron but let's be honest - zig zag is basically the same thing!!


The brown tufted leather coffee ottoman/coffee table was given to us when are friends were moving.  I would love to see a lucite coffee table in here in the future but for now we love the ottoman - come home sit on the couch with the dogs and put our feet up.  It definitely serves its purpose.  On top of the ottoman I have a black lacquer tray with cheetah print layed on the inside.  I found a vitange book that I use to give height to the silver glitter coral piece that my sister-in-love gave me for Christmas.  She bought the coral at One Kings Lane.



The owner of the house built and installed the wood beams himself and it adds a great archicterual element to the room. 

The piece of art was given to use - love having great friends.  This is actually a funny story - our friends bought this piece at Ross and were drawn to it because of all it's bright colors.  The brought it home, hung it up and then realized it had horses in it. Unfortunately, they don't love horses!  Fortunately - I DO!!!!  When they offered it to me I had to keep myself calm.  This piece makes the room what it is!



This is the empty space in the room - where the TV goes.  I love my modern danish TV Stand that I found on Craigslist for $40 but I still need to find decor to go inside.  I like the idea of buying old books and papering the covers in cool bright patternsd - chevron and lattice.  I also need something on the wall above it???  Still undecided on that.  Love to have the paper mache antler pieces from West Elm - that would be the dream =) 




The curtains are from World Market and I believe I paid $28 a panel.  My goal was to pull the charcoal from the couch and yellow's together.  I think my goal was accomplished.




Here is the view if you are sitting on the couch.  This fireplace is the perfect fireplace.  Great mantle and I love the white!


The mirror was another gift from my sister-in-love for Christmas - again she bought it at One Kings Lane on sale.  The two pieces on the right were found at a thrift store in Austin - Savers.  Pretty sure I paid $6 for them both.  The bird was bought at Ross and the branches in the vase were left over from my wedding centerpieces.  I had painted them silver for the wedding but spray painted them orange for this room.  I use lima beans to weigh the branches down in the vase.  The twig/branches on both sides of the fireplace were left over from another friends wedding. 




Here are some last views of the space...




Well thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for my rooms on the Home Tour! 

5 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful sense of style and the balance of sizes and textures is very impressive. Love the stories that go with the items in your home. Amazed that you have the time to accomplish so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful sense of style and the balance of sizes and textures is very impressive. Love the stories that go with the items in your home. Amazed that you have the time to accomplish so much. Francine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, what a fantastic job you did on your living room! You're very talented! I love the horse painting the most! It's all so beautiful and it all says "Lauren!" I was in home interiors for about 5 yrs. and your home should reflect you and you sure did a wonderful job! Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Submit your website or blog now for inclusion in Google and 300+ search engines!

    Over 200,000 sites listed!

    SUBMIT NOW via I NEED HITS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accelerate Your Business! Advertise on the most popular PTC & TE websites with a single purchase. TrafficHeap.

    ReplyDelete