Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Saturday, March 10, 2012

Home Tour - Breakfast Nook!

And the Home Tour continues... Today we visit my breakfast nook!


I spend a LOT of time in this spot.  It might be one of my favorite spots in the house.  I love the settee - it was a great find at a local antique mall that my hubby suprised me with by telling me to buy it!  But I alos love the horse canvas.  Like I have said before - "Nothing wrong with a horse canvas in every room!"   This is the also the area that I write my blog and work on all volunteer work for the church.  Like I said - I spend a LOT of time right here!!!!



The table and chairs where a find at a thrift store in Georgetown, TX - North of Austin.  I bought the table for $20 and the chairs for $20.  They were both natural wood color and I went ahead and spray painted them both black.  And that is really ALL that I did to them and it made a huge difference and has stood the test of 3 moves. 



This is a vintage plate stand that we found in Fredricksburg, TX - a must stop for anyone driving through TX hillcountry.  Fredricksburg is one of my favorite places to visit for the day - wineries, German restaurants and bakeries, antique stores, horse races and plenty of Bed and Breakfasts to stay.  I think I paid $12 for this stand.




Here is a close up of the settee.  My sister in law bought me the Ikat pillow at World Market.  I have another one of those pillows in the office space.




Basket of dog toys sits under the settee =)





The pictures in that look nook were found at Ross years ago!!! I think I bought them 7 years ago or more - crazy that they have lasted my ever changing style that long.  But somehow they always find a spot in my house.  I want to say I spent $12-15 each on them at the time.  



Got to show a picture of one of the babies hanging out ... Here is Daisy and she always sits with me here on the Settee while I work away on my computer.  She also loves to sun bathe on this spot when just the screen door is open.





To wrap things up here is a picture of the whole space again...


Thanks again for stopping by and visiting my breakfast nook.  Maybe you can join me for some girl talk and coffee here soon!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Lauren! Your breakfast nook is adorable! I love that you painted your $20 table and chairs (ummm... wowzers! what a deal!) black. And your settee is a d o r a b l e!!! I've missed seeing you at Bella Nest!!! Please stop by sometime and say hello! You're one of my very first bloggy friends. =) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

    my web blog - More Information

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and tested to see if
    it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!



    Also visit my weblog site

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be ending of mine day, but before ending I am reading this impressive paragraph to increase my knowledge.

    Here is my web blog; site

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both educative
    and entertaining, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail
    on the head. The problem is something which too few
    men and women are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i'm very happy I came across this during my search for something regarding this.

    Here is my page Visit link

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone loves it when people get together and
    share ideas. Great website, keep it up!
    Also see my web site - website

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very good post. I am glad that I came across it. Thank you so much for sharing it.
    best lace wigs

    ReplyDelete