Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Deals

Happy New Year!  Wow it is January 2012 - that is crazy to think and even stranger to type for the first time.  I hope everyone had a wonderful time bringing in the New Year.  We enjoyed time with some of our closest friends - had a yummy spread (favorite was the cheeses  - Brie!), played Taboo, shared our favorite and least favorite moments of 2011, toasted each other using sparkling apple cider and took communion at midnight.  It was so special and I feel beyond blessed with all that God has done in our lives in 2011 and looking forward to 2012.

Of course I want to start the New Year off right and what better way than with eating better. Hubby and I are doing our annual Daniel's Fast. It is a great way to cleanse out the bad stuff we may have been eating during the holiday's and to start the New Year eating right.  It is because of the fast that I became a vegetarian - I do eat cheese and the occasional fish but other than that I don't eat meat. Since I made that decision, it is the first time in my life that I have not fluctuated in my weight!
Anyways - I started off today with an avocado and banana smoothie (sounds weird but oh so good):


And now I am trying to talk my hubby into going thrifting!  We went yesterday and I found some great stuff (show you further down in blog) but today is always a great day to go thrifting.  Most places will have all their stuff 50% off!!!!! I want to go so bad but he really wants to watch the Star Wars Marathon on TV. 

Here is what I bought yesterday:


This gold key was $1.91.  I had the idea of painting it something bright and fun and hanging above my office desk.  I will show you this little project in the near future. I couldn't waste anytime getting it done.

I found this flower picture that was just too cute to pass up - especially for $1.90.  I want to paint the frame a funky color and also hang it in my office.  The mirror to the right was only .80!  I think I am going to convert this into my DIY sunburst mirror.  Look for this project in the near future! 

AND last but not least was my favorite find of the day - this amazing and stunning light fixture.  They originally quoted me $19.20 for it then immediately changed their minds and went down to $12.90 with out me even trying to bargain with them.  I said "SOLD"!  And she came home with me and I have great plans to hang in my dining room.  I really wanted it up for NYE but hubby promised he would do either today or tomorrow.  I can't wait to show you this fun and easy project sometime this week.  I just know it is going to transform and make this room!!  I am so excited - I could just squeal!


So there are my great deals and finds of the week!  I hope you feel inspired to get out there today and start the New Year off with some thrifting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Lauren! I love all of your finds, especially that light fixture you didn't even have to bargain for @ $12.99?! AWESOME! I'm so proud of you, girl! I was at Goodwill yesterday and today too. The guy there sd it was their busiest weekend of the year. You'll have to check out what I got too. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my page! It's been so nice reading them all! I've never met you, but you already are very special to me!

    ReplyDelete