Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Thursday, January 12, 2012

Craigslist Roundup - Charlotte, NC - sorry I'm a day late

I am a day late posting my usual Wednesday series on "Craigslist Roundup".  Hopefully, it will be worth the wait as we travel to Charlotte, NC.  Charlotte is where my hubby went to college at Wingate University.  He LOVES it there and would probably move back in a heart beat if he didn't fall head over heels for Dallas. 

So let's see what great deals we found today:

Vintage Footstool $25 - this piece is too cute.  Put it in your family room next to a fireplace or in front of a wingback chair.  I love the fabric but you could recover it if it didn't appeal to you.

image 0
image 1
image 2

Dresser $75 - I have a thing for Danish style dressers and this one is such a great size.  You could use this as a TV stand or a buffet in your dining room.  I saw one blogger paint just the front of the drawers white and it really made the piece "pop".

image 0

Scalloped Arm Chair for $75 - this would look adorable recovered in a Dwell Fabric.  You can't go wrong with anything from Dwell.

image 0

I guess Charlotte is known for their footstools because here is another one for $25.  This one I do NOT love the fabric and would definitely change that up and probably paint legs white.

image 1image 0


Hello adorable breakfast nook set for $65!! You can repaint and recover these chairs for this price but is also charming the way it is!!

image 0image 1

Baby Crib for $25 - great crib if you are doing a nursery OR I saw someone make this into a cute sofa day bed.  Just get a crib mattress and cover it in your favorite fabric then layer it with some great pillows you find on Etsy.com

image 0


Butcher block/rolling cart for $65 - this isn't something that would usually catch my eye but saw something recently redone one a blog while jumping from one blog to the next.  They had a very similar cart that they painted all white and stained the top a dark wood.  Then put stainless hardware and stainless towel hodler on end - looked AMAZING! Which makes me see the potential in this piece.

image 0


Alright - there you have it for this weeks (1 day delayed) "Craigslist Roundup".  Hope you had fun joining me in Charlotte today - we found some great deals and hopefully one of the readers will snatch some of this stuff up!  If you have a suggestion for where we should travel next week, leave it in my comments or email me at txyankeeprincess@gmail.com

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment