Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Craigslist Roundup - Albany, NY

Well I had to go to Albany, NY since that is where I was born.  I still have family that lives there including my Grandpa that turned 88 yesterday! Happy Birthday PAPA - can't wait to see you this weekend.  My grandpa is taking a trip to Texas to see his grandkids and all his great grandkids.

Here's a picture of us dancing at my wedding 3 years ago:


Anyways, back to this week's edition of Craigslist Roundup. I have to admit that it was not as easy to find great deals in this area.  I really had to take time and look but it proves that with a little persistance you can find some good stuff.

Here are the deals:

Black and wicker Trunks - the black one is selling for $20 and the wicker for $10.  The black could be used as a bedside table if you stack another one on top.  Also can be used for toy storage in a little boys room.  The wicker basket could look cute at the end of a bed or in a laundry room.




Mirroed console table for $75!  These sell for over a $100 in target and that is the cheapest I have seen them sold in stores.  Great piece - stunning!


This tall dresser is selling for $40 - I like the height to it.  Could look cute in a corner somewhere - repaint it and put some flowers and books on top:



For $5 you get this pair of wooden folding chairs.  They don't look like much but would look cute painted powder blue and free write "LOVE" on it and place in a sunroom:



Antique dresser for $35!! Great price - needs some sanding, paint and new hardware but that won't cost much at all.  This piece could host your TV but not as long as I like for that kind of space - maybe use in a guest room.


That does it for this week's Craigslist Roundup!  Hope you enjoyed it.  I am always open to traveling suggestions.  If you live somewhere that you want me to visit then please leave a comment or email me at txyankeeprincess@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! My 93 year old grandpa lives in Albany too :)
    Anyway, those folding chairs are a steal. It is always great to have a couple of spare chairs in the house. Especially if they were painted something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie - what an honor to have you drop by and visit my little blog!!! Love yours! That is too funny about your grandpa being in Albany too - small world. Thanks for the comment =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... I really want that mirrored table! I wonder how much shipping would be for that. =/

    ReplyDelete