Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Craigslist Roundup

So how does the saying go "Imitation is the best form of flattery"???  I was inspired the other day while reading my blog subscriptions.  Usually I start of reading the usual blogs that I follow religiously and then next thing I know that blog led me to another blog that led me to this blog and an hour later... I go back to the beginning and start with my usual.  During one of these rabbit trails, I discovered this great idea "Craigslist Roundups". (sorry but I don't remember which blog this was - like I said it was during a rabbit trail!)  I am sure several of us have seen the "Etsy Roundups" found on 6th Street Design.   Craigslist Roundups is the same concept - they found the best deals on craigslist and they are doing it every week in a different city.  LOVE! 

First of all, I am a craigslist junkie.  I love searching craigslist.  Most of the time I don't buy things but just enjoy browsing and seeing all the possibilities.  I recently bought a White Prelit Christmas Tree on Craigslist for $30!  There are some great deals out there.

Anyways... Loved the idea so much that I had to do it here on my little blog.  So the first City we are visiting is Dallas, TX.  Had to start here at home but I am definitely open to suggestions - feel free to email or comment on where you would like us to go next.

Let's see what we found (can't wait!):

Solid Hardwood King Headboard with Cane inserts for $50



Wicker Chair and matching Ottoman for $30



Barn Red Tall Corner Shelf for $20




Antique Dresser and Dressing Table for $150



Well there you have it - our first Craigslist Roundup in Dallas, TX.  Maybe this will inspire you to hunt on Craigslist and share with us what you buy or find!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! These are some great finds... You've gotta love Craigslist! Thank you so much for stopping by Bella Nest! I'm a new follower of yours! -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - so excited you are following! Love your blog and it's so fun to be able to share all of our ideas with each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to scour craigslist more often. I see so many gals scoring great stuff. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie - It's an honor to have you check out my little blog! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete