Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Monday, July 25, 2011

Some finds are too good to pass up and to share

I love thrift store shopping... the thrill of the hunt, searching through tons of useless things to find the diamond in the rough! Finding a good deal or just that one piece that you have been looking forever to find -it's worth it to me.  I get such pleasure out of a good deal and knowing that I bought it for much less than the first person who bought it!!! When someone compliments me on my shirt - I don't hesitate in telling them "Thanks, I found it at the thrift store for $2!" It just brings a smile to my face sharing what I paid for my wonderful finds.

Since I get such joy out of sharing, I thought I had to share my most fabolous find with you.  Now, it isn't decor related per say. It is more fashion which if you think of it is like decor - I am decorating my body with it - so it kinda works. 

Well, last Sunday I went to the Thrift Store on a spur of the moment run.  Sometimes I just get the urge to go as if I know that something amazing is waiting for me there to find it.  I had about 10 minutes to run in and out but in those 10 minutes I found the most amazing find ever!!!

First of all, I almost never find great purses at the thrift store.  I always hear of people finding them but I haven't personally found any.  I have a friend Jessica, who always finds designer purses at Goodwill.  We have a saying for when things like that happen - "Favor aint Fair"!  Well "Favor ain't fair" was on my side last Sunday.  I was looking at the dresses and I turned around and there she was just hanging up next to all the ordinary purses (nothing wrong with non-designer but in comparison to this beauty - well - there just isn't any comparison).  She was a GUCCI!  I mean a big beautiful GUCCI purse.  I couldn't believe it - I ran to it and snatched it off the hook before anyone else could see her or even think about grabbing her.  I picked her up and immediatly searched her all over for any signs that she was a fake - Gucci logo on front = Check, Gucci logo on all hardware = Check, Gucci logo and "made in Italy" tag = Check, all the correct G's on the outside = Check, Real leather and real leather piping = Check.  Yep - that's right  - I had a real Gucci to add to my collection.  For how much do you think I bought her for.... Well first let me introduce you to my newest addition:





I dressed her up a little bit and added a cute scarf!  Doesn't she look great???




Ok so here it is - I paid $8.99 for this Gucci!  So my point is - don't be afraid to hunt for a good deal.  You never know what you will find. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great find, my husband would love me if I could find things like that!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-M-G! I cannot believe you paid $8.99 for that wonderful Gucci bag...I am sooo jealous!!! I'll buy it when you get tired of it! ;)

    ReplyDelete