Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh how I love Ikat

Who doesn't love Ikat right now!?!? If you don't know what Ikat is then you might be missing out.  I don't have any Ikat currently in my house but it is on my "must have" list for the new house in Dallas. Ikat is pretty expensive for this thrifty girl.  So, I have been on the hunt for some inexpensive Ikat fabric or pieces.  Here are some examples of beautiful Ikat that I have been lusting after:
I found this lovely blue Ikat chair on this online shopping website - CSN.  Click HERE for the link to the chairs. You can have this gorgeous piece of furniture for $249, originally over $400.  It's a steal!


I love these pair of purple Ikat chairs with the chevron rug.  I found this image while stalking Ikat on www.decorpad.com


These black and white Ikat pair of chairs are amazing.  I love the shape of the chairs.  Plus black and white can go in any room.  These are definitely a splurge at $1400 on etsy.com - Here is a link to check out the Etsy shop where I found them - click HERE

If you are a girl on a budget like me then you might think about finding two chairs on craigslist, painting them your self and then recovering the cushion.  Ikat by the yard can be expensive in comparison to other fabrics; however, it is gorgeous and would make a timeless piece in your collection.  I was at Hobby Lobby last week and found this Ikat fabric for about $36 a yard.  
If you have two chairs then you can probably get away with buying just 1 yard of fabric and there you have it - an inexpensive way to own some Ikat in your own home.  

If you have found some amazing Ikat and placed it in your home, please send me pics!  I would love to see your finds.  You can email me at txyankeeprincess@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren, thanks for stopping by! I love, love, love this fabric! I found some Ikat orange/brown fabric @ Calico Corners and I can't wait for it to go on sale...heehee! ;) I need some for pillows and a chair.

    ReplyDelete