Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July to all my readers!  I love the 4th - love bbq's (even though I don't eat meat they are still fun), ice tea (new favorite discovery is "watermelon ice tea" = Yummy!), pools, lakes, boats, fireworks, friends, family and SALES!

The 4th is known for some good SALES shopping.  I suggest getting a Sunday newspaper and finding out what sales are near you.  I am not usually a department store shopping kind of girl; however, this weekend is great for furniture and appliances.  Many times no interest and free installation. The hubby and I plan on going to Sears today to buy a garage remote control device.  I have already scouted out the one we want and of course it is on sale and it has a pretty good price on installation which is great for us b/c we have no earthly idea how to install a garage opener and we don't really want to spend what would become a whole day figuring it out.  Don't be afraid to bargain with your sales representative - you might be able to get "free" installation.

Another place for great sales on holiday weekends are - Thrift Stores!  Now we're talking!  Thrifting is probably one of my favorite places to shop.  Wait... it is my favorite place to shop. Check out your local thrift stores today. They usually have 50% of all clothes and household items. I think last year the hubby and I walked out with at least 2 garbage bags full of clothes and only spent $40 or less.  Here are some of my favorite places to Thrift in Texas:
Thrift Town
Thrift City
Thrift World
Savers

Pretty much if it has the word "Thrift" in it then I am going to love it!  If you sign up online for their email notifications then they will let you know when their next big sale will be. Remember, get there early on a holiday weekend because the good stuff will go fast.

Happy 4th of July everyone and I can't wait to hear what great sales you found today!

No comments:

Post a Comment