Just a girl who wants to share her "finds" and hope that it inspires you to thrift and to not be afraid to explore your style.


Sunday, July 17, 2011

First trip to "HomeGoods"

Let me start off by saying that I have been dying to go to a homegoods store for a long time; however, when I lived in Austin the only one was way down south.  And when you live in Round Rock, which is North Austin ,you just never venture past downtown area - if it was going to take more than 30 then I was not going to go.  Well now that I live in Dallas - everything is a little different.  It takes 30 minutes to get anywhere! Traffic is insane and this city is massive in comparson to Austin. As my husband likes to say (or sing but don't tell him I told you) "A Whole New World!"  Ok... back to Homegooods store... so last night I went to a Homegoods store for the first time and I loved it.  My Dad was great and came with me. Don't know how I got so lucky to have a husband and a Dad that LOVE to shop!?!?!? Yes it's ok - you can be jealous right now =)

So ... was the Homegoods store everything I was hoping it to be? - Yes! I loved it.  It had a great assortment of lamps, tables, rugs, towels, art work and all kinds of decor.  I even found the cutest, most stylish doggie beds ever!!! I read a blog recently that mentioned a white artichoke candle holder - I found one there for $19.99 - so FAB!

I wanted to share with you some of the great stylish deals I found while window shopping last night (didn't buy anything yet - need to be true to the budget!).

Here is a picture of my favorite lamp find last night.  Priced just at $25.99.  Love the shape and contrast with the white lacquer base and bright green shade.  I like the idea of this lamp in my dining room on a buffet table.


This lamp I loved because it had great shape and lines.  The shade reminds me of a Ralph Lauren floral print. This lamp was only $29.99.  I think it would look adorable in a guest room.


Remember when I blogged about my love affair with Sofa Day beds?... I also mentioned how I want to buy one for my breakfast nook.  Well, I found this great trendy alternative. Yes, this is outdoor patio furniture but if you do it right do you think anyone is going to think or say "Is that outdoor furniture?" when they walk in to your house?!?!? No way!  This was only $119 in comparison to the West Elm Sofa Daybed for $500 (not including twin mattress). This is a great alternative and I absolutely LOVE it.  I would add accent pillows and even pick a fabric to make a cushion cover.  Much less expensive then $500 - I would save at least $400 with this purchase!  The hubby can't say no to that find =)


Ok, not the best picture but below we have a mirrored sofa table!!!!!! Yes I said it "Mirrored"!  Mirrored anything is all the trend right now.  Mirrored bedside tables, coffee tables, end tables, buffet tables and sofa tables.  Here I found a mirrored sofa table for $499!  That is a great deal because I don't think I have seen anything mirrored in that price range and this is a huge piece.  You can't see it all in this picture but it is a great size and had beautiful lines.  This is very affordable for the girl who has been dying to get their hands on a mirrored piece of furniture.  I can see a piece like this in my dining room as a buffet. I also love the idea of it in an entry way but pretty sure this wouldn't fit in my entry way. 


So there you have it - my first trip to the Homegoods store and plenty of good finds to report back to you.  If you havnen't been then you need to find the nearest one to you and plan a trip with your girlfriends or in my case - my Dad.  Bring a vehicle with some room in case you find a great piece of furniture that you just can't say no to.  Can't wait to see what you find!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE HomeGoods! Great finds! I guess I'm a lucky gal to have HomeGoods in S. Austin... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here link

    ReplyDelete